Setting up the event was interesting - people were asked to turn up during the day in order to set up their works so that we could place them all in relation to one another. However some people couldn't make it or forgot so we had to improvise and set their work up for them. It was a good experience to work with all of the cables and to strategically think about where to place things based on the electricity available nearby. It really gave me insight into what takes place behind the scenes to an exhibition. But also, I found it very difficult to exhibit in the atrium because the space is so public and has a multipurpose, meaning that people don't really know where to look - it is not like a gallery where people can strip it down to white walls and start over, so it was a challenge! We got all of the boards up and started pinning works up as well as setting up televisions where they needed to be.
Some things needed to be set up on the day as the main performance space was to be re-used for different activities, leading into the evening.